We all know that the Taj Mahal is one of the seven wonders of the world. We also know that who built it and for whom and the reason behind that. We know a lot about it. But we don’t know a lot of hidden things about it.
Let’s look at few of them:
1. There is a small hole in the ceiling of the main hall over the tombstone of Mumtaz Mahal.
2. The ASI had to conceal the Taj during WW-II with a huge scaffold to misguide bombers.
3. The story of the arms of all artisans being amputated by is probably a myth because the architect worked on other projects.
4. The minarets were built tilting outwards to protect the Taj from calamities like earthquakes.
5. A temple was built for the conman Natwarlal, who sold the Taj Mahal repeatedly.
6. The foundation of Taj Mahal the Shah Jehan would have eroded years ago if the Yamuna wasn’t there.
7. The interior of Taj is capable of blinding any goblin with its grand inlay work.
8. The Taj Mahal is taller than Qutub Minar.
9. It was expensive for Shah Jehan to build the Taj exactly
10. The fountains have a special feature to ensure uniform water pressure in the fountains.
11. PC Sorkar Jr. made the Taj Mahal vanish in the year 2000.
12. Around 12,000 visitors come to see The Taj every day.
13. Shah Jehan wanted to build another Taj Mahal, a black Taj Mahal 15. George Harrison clicked a selfie at the Taj.
14. The plinth of the Taj varies all around.
15. The Taj changes colors depending on the light.
16. Jahanara Begum( Shah Jehan) refused a grand burial like the Taj as Mumtaj had.
17. An American Grammy Award-winning artist named himself Taj Mahal.
18. The makers employed an optical trick so that as you move closer to the gate, the Taj keeps getting smaller.